Due to the fact that our ear piercing is a sterile procedure, we consider the hole a clean wound. Below is important information on how to take care of it.
- Keep the newly pierced ear clean and dry. Wash both sides of the ear twice a day with liquid soap and clean water. Rinse thoroughly and dry with a Q-tip. Do not remove earrings when you clean.
- Never touch the ears with unwashed hands.
- Do not twist earrings.
- Leave earrings in for 6 weeks.
- Cover the ears when applying hair spray or any other chemicals.
- Avoid swimming for a few days right after the piercing. Wait as long as you possibly can.
The most important thing you can do to avoid infections and other complications of ear piercing is having the procedure done by a medical professional. If you are thinking of this for either you or your child, call us today at 678-518-5482.
What are the signs that my ears might be infected?
- pus drainage
If you notice any of these symptoms, contact your physician right away.